Saturday, April 26, 2008

Peppers!


Like many people, I have some trouble with green bell peppers. They can be hard on the digestion. But red, yellow, and orange are mellow, dreamy and oh so beautiful!

You can throw them into practically any dish for a little extra zing of color and flavor. For example this is simply collard greens sautéed with olive oil , onions and garlic. I threw a can of butter beans on top and while it would have still tasted fine, the look of it was a bit... blah. So I cut up a yellow pepper and threw it into the mix. Eye appeal makes a world of difference.


This is scrambled tofu (Vegan with a Vengeance) and Diner home fries (Veganomicon). While I've made this without the peppers because I didn't have any in the house, the addition of a pop of red pepper makes it so much more appealing! I also like to put some spinach into the tofu scramble for that 'Florentine' vibe.


I really love jalapeños and habañeros and all the other spicy peppers as well, but for every day the colorful bells always work.

No comments: