Thursday, December 6, 2007

Oatmeal Cookies!



The holidays are cookie time! My biggest fear about going vegan was, in actual fact, baking. Cookies in particular. I love making cookies at this time of year and I've been doing it since I was a kid - so how do you change decades of 'know-how' into HOW do I make cookies without eggs? Without BUTTER?

Well. First you take a look at some great cookbooks and you give it a shot. Just like when you were first baking as a pre-teen. And it's not so different. A little, but not so much. You do have to be really careful about not overbaking - vegan cookies can turn into rocks a lot faster than 'regular' cookies.

These are Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin cookies. The recipe comes from The Veganomicon.



They are amazing. The brown rice syrup seems to be the key. Deeee-licious!

1 comment:

Paulina said...

The cookies look wonderful! Everytime I make oatmeal raisin cookies they turn out horrible, really chewy and almost rubber-like. My mom has even told me to not make them again (and with good reason!). So I really need to get myself a copy of Veganomicon since yours look great :)