Saturday, November 17, 2007

New Cook Book!



I'm so excited! I got my copy of Veganomicon the other day and today I wanted to make cornbread - guess who had a quickie recipe? Yup.

Now the recipe calls for a skillet - you make it in the skillet, skillet goes in the oven, but I don't have an oven-proof skillet (anyone wants to get me a nice cast-iron skillet is welcome to do so!) so I did it in a glass baking dish.

Crispy on the edges, moist inside. The VWaV gals did it again!


Since I was going to have this with the black bean soup I threw together the other day, I decided to spice it up with some jalapenos. The recipe in Veganomicon says to saute onions and the peppers then add to the cornbred, but hello laziness. I just chopped up the jalapeno and stirred it into the batter along with some crushed red pepper flakes - that's what those little red and green specks are in the cornbread. Next time I'm trying the onion and pepper saute - really! I'm not ALWAYS lazy!

1 comment:

healthnut said...

That looks so good! Especially the corn bread - I love cornbread and have yet to find the perfect recipe for it