Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream filling

I was a little sad when I read the label of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and found they were not Vegan. Oh well. When you want some chocolate in your peanut butter, or peanut butter in your chocolate, you can always make a batch of these Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream filling (recipe from VCTOTW) and satisfy that urge.



These were my first filled cupcakes and I was surprised at how easy it was to do the filling. You poke your finger into the top of the cupcake once it has cooled and then with a pastry bag (large tip) filled with peanut butter cream you just plug up the hole! Then you pipe a little on top to cover the hole up and that creamy center is just waiting to surprise the lucky cupcake eater!



I sprinkled some cocoa powder over the top of the frosting, because I was gettin' all crazy with myself, but I don't think they need it at all. They are pretty scrumptious. And chocolatey. AND peanut buttery! Yum.

No comments: