Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Red Lentil Pasta


I'm in a cooking mood. The dilemma is always what to cook? I have a jar of red lentils I've been meaning to use and aside from throwing some into lentil soup just haven't found anything special to do with them. Tonight I flipped through La Dolce Vegan and found the quickest easiest use for the little red devils!

It's just the usual start point for savory goodness - onions and garlic sautéed in a little olive oil; add some veggie stock, some fresh chopped tomato, the lovely red lentils and the thing that gives it that special zing: cinnamon! I'd love to post the recipe, but since it isn't mine I don't feel right about that (copyright and all).

Toast some cashews to toss on top.

And here it is!

I can't even tell you how yummy this is - and it took about 20 minutes to make. Now I know what to do with my red lentils. AND what to make when I'm in a hurry!

No comments: