Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pita Sandwich!

I'm not usually big on sandwiches, but since I discovered these fabulous ready-to-go tofu and TVP spreads at the health food stores I've become a bit of a junkie for the sammies.

This one is Vegan Sundried Tomato Chicken Salad in a Whole Wheat pita stuffed to the gills with assorted lettuces and baby Roma tomatoes. Half a sliced apple and a strawberry round it out to a nice little meal. It's a sandwich and a salad all in one!


Finding Vegan bread is a bit of a bother sometimes - why do so many bread companies put milk in their bread? This seems so odd to me, though I never gave it a thought before, now that I know it's in there I'm really stumped. But I found these lovely Baker's Whole Wheat pitas and they are simply yum-a-licious. They also hold together better than the more commonly found pitas made by the bigger companies. So there "sahara".

I just love things that are quick to throw together, easy on the eye, and filling while being simply deeee-lish. Plus you really can't beat all those colors. Nothing nicer than colorful eats - all those antioxidants!!! MMM-MMM-MMMM!

1 comment:

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

This looks so fresh & inviting! I like you idea of having a sandwich & salad all in one. Wish I could find falafel sticks around here...