Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lemon Cut-Out Cookies

I love to make cookies, oddly enough they are not something I have made since becoming Vegan. I wanted to make something to send to my friend who sent this little dough boy, and cupcakes, which while awesome might not do so well in the mail. So I opted to try cookies because they do travel well.

I used the recipe for Lemon Cut-Out cookies from Vegan With A Vengeance. Even though rolled cookies are not my strong suit, these sounded good and I thought they would be pretty.

They are, aren't they?
Lemony and sweet, but not too sweet. This is also a nice simple cookie that goes well with, say a nice cup of espresso or tea. Just a nice cookie. And it travels well.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Sound and look yummy! Can you share the recipe?

Joy Keaton said...

they are from the Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.. I don't feel right posting someone else's recipe but you might find it on The Post Punk Kitchen website. :)