Friday, August 17, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

The cupcake of the day is Chocolate Chip!
nekkid chocolate-chip cuppers!

I used the VCTOTW recipe for Golden Vanilla Cupcakes then threw in about a 1/2 cup of mini-chocolate chips at the end.

This was my first go 'round with my new disposable pastry bag - I was a little nervous, but had the friendly totem and new blog mascot of this little poppin' fresh fellow to hold my hand (metaphorically people, this is not Chucky or Trilogy of Terror!) He was a gift from a wonderful friend who wanted to be in the kitchen with me, so now he is! I'm not normally that sappy, but I'm making an exception here because I love the gesture, so sweet.

Here's my first shot at pastry-bag cupcake decoratin'. Not too bad for a first timer. I'm just sayin'. This frosting is the Chocolate Buttercream from (you can guess) VCTOTW!!!


I had these vegan sprinkles I wanted to use and I think they are just the right finishing touch.


I cut one open to show off the hidden surprise of little chocolate chips inside.


I have to say this is my favorite cupcake so far. I'm not normally a big frosting fan, but this stuff? I could eat this without the cupcake... and there are left-overs so....

No comments: