Thursday, July 5, 2007

Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes

It's Thursday and that means cupcakes.

I've never had Red Velvet Cake, so making the VCTOTW Crimson Velveteen cupcakes was a bold adventure. But let's face it, how wrong can you go with chocolate anything?

I love baking. Everything starts out as a whole lotta mess o' nuthin' much.


Mix it all together and it's a regular cupcake bucket o' blood.

I know they look kind of gruesome here, but after they bake...

Oh. My. GOD! They're nekkid!! Don't stare like that!!


It's okay to look again. They have their pretty Vegan Cream Cheese icing on. Some even dashed on a hint of cocoa powder, because some cupcakes just don't know when to quit.


Let's cut one open and see how pretty they are inside. Because we all know that's where true beauty lives.
Yes. Yes. Pretty, pretty on the inside, pretty on the outside! YUM!! Let's eat 'em before they take over the world!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

please share the recipe?!?!

comicbooklights@yahoo.com

Joy said...

Christine - I wish I could but I feel that would be a copyright infringement. Sorry!! But I'll bet you can get Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World at the library!