Thursday, June 28, 2007

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I've never made carrot cake. Certainly never made Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes. But the VCTOTW recipe sounded so good, with all its raisins and walnuts and spices... I needed to give a go.So I had no idea how the batter should look. I expected a regular thick cake-like batter.
It was a bitch to get into the paper liners because it was so liquid-y. I feared I had missed an ingredient, or over beaten, or had committed some other 'cruel to cupcakes' crime.
But I soon learned what 26 minutes in a 350° oven can do!I also learned that grating carrots by hand may be a royal pain, but it is worth every minute! Oh scrumptious little carrot cupcakes! I had marzipan left over from last week's cupcake adventure (the green tea cupcake 'cherry blossoms') so I made little marzipan carrots. They may not be sculptures of great art - but you get the idea. Carrots.
I have nothing to say but "Bow Down Before the Vegan Cupcakes!"

The Vegan Cream Cheese Icing is absolutely perfect. I like carrot cake, I've never craved it or gone out of my way for it, but now I think carrot cake cupcakes are going to be regulars on my baking list.

2 comments:

Kary said...

Heyy they look so cutee I have just made exactly these one from the vctotw too few minutes ago! =D
ans went searching to see how other ppl have made them haha xD
and these are really cute ^_^
I'm just waiting for mines to cool down to frost them with the vegan cream cheese frosting:P
yum!

Joy Keaton said...

Kary - thanks for stopping in! I haven't made these in a long time and now... now I must make them again!! It's a really good recipe, right? Yum it is!!